San Ildefonso Parish, Guiguinto, Bulacan

The Catalogo of 1591 already speaks of Guiguinto Convent, probably a temporary one as a visita of Caruya (later known as Bigaa and now Balagtas), with Saint Ildephonse, Archbishop of Toledo as its patron saint, and the prior of the former as its attending priest. According to Fray Gaston de San Agustin, OSA, during the 1600’s, Guiguinto had two chapels, one was on the hills of Malis in honor of San Bernabe while the other was in Matungao, Bulacan under San Nicholas de Tolentino.